学生就业 also includes off-campus jobs with nonprofit agencies.
These opportunities are limited to students who have applied for financial assistance and have been awarded a Federal 学生就业 Award (FWS). The jobs are at off-campus sites and require that the students have transportation to and from their assigned jobs. Because students are required to provide transportation, the pay rate is $7.70/hr.
Students need to apply for financial assistance in order to seek qualification for the Federal 学生就业 Program. 一次合格, students may view and apply for available positions with Rhodes partners such as Friends for Life, 孟菲斯扫盲委员会, 领导学院, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and others.
What do I need to know about 社区服务 Work?
- The standard award is $2,000/year.
- Work is limited to 10-12 hours/week.
- You’ll be paid bi-weekly by Rhodes.
- 学生就业 is defined as financial aid—your earnings are considered part of your overall financial aid package.
- Student employees are subject to tax laws and other employment regulations.
- Your actual earnings are contingent upon your job placement and hours worked, reported via regular employment procedures at Rhodes.
- Checks are issued to student employees.
- 学生就业 may not defer payment of Rhodes fees.
- Federal 学生就业 is limited to students who demonstrate financial need on the FAFSA.
- You’ll be required to complete the INS I-9 form and supply identification documents before beginning work. These documents must be supplied in person You must work with the 社区服务 Office to report your hours worked weekly.
FAFSA (Rhodes Title IV code: 003519)
All 金融援助 forms can be found on the 正规博彩十大网站排名快捷下载表格 webpage.